The IMA (Indianapolis Museum of Art) recently opened a new (FREE!) permanent exhibit called 100 Acres. Brian has been running on the trails through here several times and wanted us to see it, so we packed lots of water, snacks and took off this afternoon. The exhibit was wonderful - we can't wait to share it with all of you when you come see us! The trails were a little bumpy and rugged at times, so the jogging stroller came in handy. Unfortunately, Brooke's sippie cup of Silk leaked (ok, it actually spilled) and soaked everything in our bag. Thankfully, our camera and phones weren't in the bag. Huge bummer. Otherwise, we had a great afternoon running and playing outside, and we were so thankful for the breeze.
This exhibit was made of these big wire structures filled with Indiana limestone. It is massive and very cool.
My amazing family - and Brooke's baby, of course :).
There is a lake in the middle of the park with this igloo structure out on this island. It's TINY and there are actual human beings living there. It is called the Indianapolis Island and is only 20 feet in diameter. It is an experimental living structure (thanks, IMA brochure for this helpful explanation) and for the next four summers, art students will live here and study human behavior and make modifications to this structure. Wow is all I can say.
This is so cool! These huge disks are suspended in the air and during the summer solstice, the shadows on the ground become one. It took two years for the artist and the IMA staff to make it work.
This picture is my non-artistic attempt to show how massive this piece of art is, and how neat the shadows look. (It is so obvious yet that I am not artsy at all :)?)
This basketball structure was my fave! We took a soccer ball and Carson even made a few shots while we were out there. I'm not sure the photos adequately show how big this art is.
This is not one of those "people jumping photos" - I would never attempt that with a 31 year old, 6 year old and 18 month old. Instead, my goal was to show excitement. I'll let you be the judge on that one!
The real basketball players!
Brooke was very interested in the little boy behind her - although I'm not sure if she was interested in him, or the rainbow umbrella. 
This structure - called Funky Bones - was Carson's 2nd favorite. It's a huge skeleton and he was jumping all over it. I have decided he is part fish and part monkey!



This structure - called Funky Bones - was Carson's 2nd favorite. It's a huge skeleton and he was jumping all over it. I have decided he is part fish and part monkey!
Of course, Brooke thinks she can do anything Carson can do. Here, she is saying "Ready" and then "Go" - I help her jump on go!
This is a gigantic plastic pier that is overlooking the igloo (yes, where actual people are living for the summer!). Carson looks so big and handsome to me. He has grown SO MUCH this summer. Brian and I took turns with Carson out there (it wasn't stroller-accessible), and while we were there, Brooke was yelling "Bubby, cmhere." Translation: Carson, come here. We were all laughing at her!
If you want to learn more about this exhibit, visit: imamuseum.org.
No comments:
Post a Comment